Add this

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Running a 5k tonight

Last night I picked up my number and race swag for having registered for the Black Box 5K today. It's been almost 20 years since I've run in a road race.  I'm a bit nervous.  Pre-race jitters. I shouldn't be. Honestly, this is an outcome of exercising and losing weight I had not anticipated.  The good news is I got a cool beer glass and this shirt out of it.
The better news is that instead of ordering an XL, that I've worn for years to try and hide my fat, it's a large, and it fits!
Wish me luck, and I'll see you at the finish line, where they will be serving beer! (Yes, beer. I am the Craftbeerloser guys!)

1 comment:

  1. What a cool event! I've never heard of this series, but it sounds fun. Good luck to you, John! I hope you enjoy the adrenaline rush and the lighter/healthier frame that's making it possible for you to get back out there.

    ReplyDelete