Add this

Saturday, June 25, 2011

About this blog

Today is June 25th and I turn 49 1/2 today.  Honestly, I'm not all that bothered by the fact that I am almost 50. What bothers me is that when I look in the mirror, I'm not happy with the "beer belly" that I have acquired over the years. The extra weight I am carrying around does not look good, and is not healthy. I know this can and will most likely impact my health as I get older.  It's time for a change.  And the time is now.

The original title of this blog was going to be something about being 50 and losing 50 but I could never come up with a catchy title. I was drinking some beers with my friend Brad and discussing my ideas for the blog, and he suggested tying in my love of craft beer along with my journey to lose the 50 lbs.  Craft Beer Loser was born!

Drinking good beer and losing weight should not be mutually exclusive.  Drinking locally brewed beer, which utilize only the very best ingredients, should not be a bad thing!

So off on this journey I go, documenting for myself and whoever is crazy enough to read my adventures as I lose weight while drinking great craft beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment